Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

INTRODUCTION & FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!

Hey, everyone! Let me first say "Welcome!" to my brand-new blog website! What started as an email distribution for my friends, family and co-workers as just a fun email to brighten their day is now being launched as my own website. Now, I will be reviewing all of the latest movies that I check out in the theaters and whatever comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray.

But for my first review on my blog site, I would like to take you back to late 2004 for one of the greatest football movies ever made. It's entitled, "FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS". Based on the incredible true story, Billy Bob Thorton stars as the coach of a Texas high school football team whose hard work and dedication as a team brought hope and fire into their town.

The two things that brought me back to seeing this movie was the NBC series that is based on this movie and country music superstar Tim McGraw who co-starred with Sandra Bullock in another football movie based on a true story called "The Blind Side" But the memory I gained most from seeing this classic was when my best friend and I saw it on a "Friday Night" in the movie theater and when we went to a pizza restaurant to enjoy pizza, I ate half-the-pie in less than 30 minutes, that was when my best friend and I had a tough-love style talk with me about eating healthy and making lifestyle changes. Now, when I watch the scenes where McGraw's character abuses his son, it sort of reminds of the chat my best friend and I had that night. But 5 1/2 years later and 220 pounds lighter, I'm glad it clicked.

Back to the movie, as I mentioned, "FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS" is one of the best football movies ever made, along with "Remember The Titans", "Jerry Maguire" and "Invicible." You can feel the excitement building throughout the movie as the players try their hardest to balance football with their personal lives. I love this movie so much and I am giving "FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS" a 9!

So I hope you guys enjoyed my very first movie review on this site and more movie reviews coming soon! Have a great night and Be Blessed Everybody!

PEDRO GOMEZ JR.

No comments:

Post a Comment